[Libreoffice] [review for 3.4] fix for bnc#707486

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Wed Jul 27 03:50:43 PDT 2011

I would really like to get this patch into 3.4, the patch affects vba
related calls only and imo safe. Basically the patch allows copy to work
for appropriate multi-area ranges. The core calc function 'CopyToClip'
variant that is modified is used *only* by vba api implementation code
so shouldn't affect ordinary calc operations at all.

Note: there is a really evil copy'n'paste-fest going on here, the fix
for that in 3.4 would be too risky I think. Basically the
ScViewFunc::CopyToClip is largely a line by line copy of the variant of
the same name that is used by core calc. Similarly the function
ScDocument::CopyToClip4VBA is largely a line by line copy of
ScDocument::CopyToClip. For once I am not responsible for such a
shameful practise ;-) but I attempted to fix this on master
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/calc/commit/?id=38cae5f0a09508f48825a7049cb1508b0251fbf0

which also needs
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/calc/commit/?id=e9abbfb34d0b57127688fc0135b463cd3ecaaf2d
The result is not pretty but..