[Libreoffice] About merging and people not paying attention

Robert Nagy robert at openbsd.org
Wed Jul 27 05:35:23 PDT 2011

I would like to ask my fellow developers to be more careful
about merging and _touching_ files at all that they don't
understand. During the last two days I had to fix several
problems that were introduced by merging changes, hell I
even found files with _conflicts_ in them and the guy who
pushed it did not even bother to have a look.
This is painful and tiring, so whenever you merge, please
double check before pushing and please do not touch files
that you don't understand because you _will_ break things.

A good example is 3ad912abd7c2106c4ba6cd35e2ead954759d5cc8.
Just egrep for '(<<<|>>>)'