[Libreoffice] [POLICY CHANGE] The libreoffice-3-4 branch is not going to be merged into master going forward

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jul 28 10:58:24 PDT 2011

Hi all,

On the TSC call, we agreed that we won't be merging libreoffice-3-4 back
into master any more - at this stage it is causing more trouble than
good.  So please, from now on, make sure that whatever you commit to
libreoffice-3-4 is in master too (unless it is something that you want
to keep 3.4-only).

The best how to achieve that is to create the patch in master, and post
to the mailing list the commit number for cherry-picking.  Most of you
are doing that anyway, so no change for most of you :-)

The last thing I have merged to master is the libreoffice-3.4.2.3 tag.
I did not merge the most recent libreoffice-3-4, because it might be
confusing what got in, and what did not.  Please double-check that you
don't have any pending stuff in libreoffice-3-4 that did not make it to
the master.

For 3.5.0, we will again consider both approaches, and choose whether we
will be merging for a while, or if libreoffice-3-5 will be for
cherry-picking only.

Thank you,
Kendy