[Libreoffice] problems with scp2

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Jul 29 03:57:49 PDT 2011

Hi Matúš, all,
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:46:43 +0200
Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried to move salhelper to new build system and it builds nice
> (for me) but there is problem with scp2.
> In old system we were creating libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.3 and
> libuno_salhelpergcc3.so was just link to it.
>
> So now I'm getting: ERROR: File not found: libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.3
> from smoketestoo_native because now is created only
> libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.
>
> So, I'm not sure about solution. Somehow change scp2 or create both
> files or just the one with .3.

So my question about this: do we really want this versioned lib symlink
foo in solver, or do we rather have such stuff in the installation only
(i.e. generated in for example scp2). The only clients for the libs in
the solver are linking and our unittests, which can get along nicely
without the versioning, right? OTOH we might want to have a "runnable
solver" i.e. recreating the installation in a runnable state in solver
one day, and them we would need this anyway.

We could create a OutdirSymlinkTarget in gbuild quite easily for that,
but is that the right thing to do? After all this is also highly
platformdependant, and IMHO such things shouldnt bother the random
hacker working in salhelper at all (it should be dark magic done during
the install step.

Opinions?

Best,

Bjoern