[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:01:45 PDT 2011

Hi Tor, *,

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:
>> Easiest is to remove/hide the pkg-config utitily, so that configure
>> doesn't even have a chance of detecing those "alien" libraries.
>
> Well, configure looks for libxml2 by running xml2-config,

Ah, true, not sure what the external modules do, but usually the
checks can be skipped by providing the values as environment variables
when running configure

> not pkg-config. (Check the use of PKG_CHECK_MODULES_MACHACK , from acinclude.m4.)

That is no more, I removed that with the libcroco cleanup :-)
LIBXML_CFLAGS/LIBS is now hardcoded for mac.
But of course that doesn't work when the module itself uses another
variable to store it (i.e. then configure will check instead of taking
the provided values - libcroco uses LIBXML2_CFLAGS for example, didn't
look into the others, as master wasn't building because of other
problems)

> And still another point is that we hardcode this /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk path a couple of times in the configure.in, but surely that software package can be installed in some other location, too... Is there any way to find out the actual installation root of the 10.4 SDK?

It has been quite some time since I installed XCode, but the only
choice I was offered is a startup volume, so not really much of a
choice... Maybe this changed with newer versions of XCode, I'm stuck
with 2.4.x because I'm on 10.4/PPC...
So no idea how one could figure it out automatically. But it checks
for existence, so it shouldn't run into problems just because it
assumes it was at a specific location.

ciao
Christian
ciao