[Libreoffice] [GSOC] make install fails

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Jun 3 20:34:59 PDT 2011

Hello Anurag,

On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 06:30 +0530, Anurag Jain wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I guess after a lot of changes LO build system, make install fails
> for me. Here is the output  http://pastebin.com/nNNyiV86 .

So, I remember we had this discussion on IRC, and Tor gave you the
advise that, in theory, by the time the smoke test runs the installation
should already have been finished.  So, in theory, even when the smoke
test fails, the installation should be still there and usable.  (People,
please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Your feature branch unfortunately still contains a bug where the
dev-install installs not in the usual "install" directory, but somewhere
deep inside the "solver" directory.  So, you may want to check there to
see if it's there.

On IRC I asked to you see if you can find the "soffice" script under the
solver directory by running

find ./solver -name soffice

but maybe it was lost in the crack of the IRC latency.  But try that and
see if you can find the soffice script there.  If it's in

/solver/340/unxlngx6.pro/installation/opt/program/soffice

then that's where your installation is.

Let us know what you find.

Kohei

--