[Libreoffice] [steering-discuss] Hello! ... and lurking :-)

sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:08:54 PDT 2011

Hi Greg,
On 04/06/2011 03:15, Greg Stein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I imagine you've all heard about the proposal[1] to contribute OO.o to
> the Apache Software Foundation. I've been involved with Apache for
> well over a decade, on its Board of Directors since 2001, its current
> Vice Chairman, the VP of Apache Subversion, and was the Chairman for
> five years. In short: lots of Apache experience.
>
> I've been following and participating in the discussion around the
> OO.o proposal on the general at incubator.apache.org list[1]. One of the
> threads of that discussion was to reach out to the people in the
> Document Foundation and the LibreOffice communities. So... that's this
> email. I'm now subscribed to discuss at df, steering-discuss at df, and
> libreoffice at freedesktop.
>
> I intend to lurk regarding all the regular work that you all are doing
> here. I'll be paying particular attention to any conversations or
> concerns that you may have about the OOo/Apache stuff, and will
> attempt to answer questions that you may have. I'm catching up on the
> archives now.
>
> If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, then please feel
> free to direct them my way (on whatever list). I'm here to listen and
> understand, and to offer up answers where I can.
A very warm welcome from my side. I'm subscribed to the
general at incubator list too, but just lurk (and think ;) for the moment.

To present myself a bit, I'm a member of the Steering Committee, a
member of the Membership Committee and the liaison for TDF at SPI. I'm
doing the French localization, I'm also working on other various tasks
and areas on the project.
I was in the OOo community since the creation of the project, member of
the CC representing the NLC, lead of the FR project, I represented the
OOo community before the AB.

As you are on the most active lists of our project, don't hesitate to
ask too if you have any question on concerns. Either directly to me or
on any lists.

Welcome again and thanks a lot for coming to visit us on our project, it
is highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Sophie