[Libreoffice] New symbol in Math ?

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sat Jun 4 20:35:49 PDT 2011

The ODF 1.1 OASIS Standard and the ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01 support MathML 2.0.  There are fonts available in LibreOffice that have the symbol, so I don't think there is an issue with ODF.  It may be an issue with MathML 2.0 though.  You may have to settle for "neg exists X" which is logically equivalent, I trust, as in

   neg exists x [P(x)]

There are provisions in MathML 2.0 for user-defined additions to the function and operator symbols, but I don't think LibreOffice Math has any provision for that.  Specific ones could be wired into LibreOffice Math.  I am not the one to offer an assessment of the feasibility and relative benefit of such an effort.

 - Dennis