[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Unity Quick List in StartCenter desktop file

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Jun 5 10:32:00 PDT 2011

Hi Kami,

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:54:04 +0200
KAMI911 KAMI911 <kami911 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I put direct launcher to main parts of LibO to StartCenter desktop
> file. These starters are usable under Unity of Ubuntu.
>
> Here is the patch:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=572c84d696926132b30060203cd1ab1b16b8fc49
>
> If possible you might cherry-pick to 3-4.
>
> Thank you in advance!

this was discussed at:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-default-apps-unity-integration/

along with all the other proposals from:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/35488/list-of-custom-launchers-quicklists-for-unity

but this one was rejected (and was not implemented already before)
because in the launcher the different LibreOffice apps are separated
entities and to start a "different app" from the icon breaks the user
experience.

So, while your work is very welcome I am against integrating this patch
in the default install on behalf of the Ubuntu UX (and Ubuntu would be
the primary customer of this).

Users are of cause still free to add this quicklist manually. ;)

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen