[Libreoffice] A (new?) bug in LibreOffice 3.4 and a missing feature?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jun 6 02:34:31 PDT 2011

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:35:06 +0200
Axel Reimer <loparity at fpgas.de> wrote:

> 2. There is mentioned a unity integration in the release notes of 3.4.
> But the menus do not integrate in the global menu and I cannot find an
> option in LibreOffice to do so. Is this feature really integrated?
> see also: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.4#GUI

The status of this is:

- the code has been moved upstream to LibreOffice.
- it is disabled in the default build (so also in the build done
  upstream).
- Ubuntu will enable this in its build, but on Oneiric you would still
  need a (new) lo-menubar package installed to activate it in the
  install as there are quite a few problems with it still, see:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lo-menubar

Best,

Bjoern

--