[Libreoffice] A (new?) bug in LibreOffice 3.4 and a missing feature?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jun 6 05:12:57 PDT 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:36:00 +0100
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com>
wrote:

> 	Ah - well, that is different :-) in which case, I concede
> that perhaps it is not the best plan if it doesn't work so well.

It works well enough for the average home user to use it, but has
enough bugs for the average admin of a >100 seats installation to hate
us for it.

Also, as is (with the lo-menubar being activated by a framwork job
xcu), we (Ubuntu) in theory can still enable this one day before feature
freeze for our release if it is stable enough by then -- without major
changes to the (compiled) code.

Unfortunately, it seems the real fix for some issues would require some
major rework/redesign of the whole thing: moving at least parts to the
vcl layer.

Best,

Bjoern

--