[Libreoffice] [GSOC][patch] Multiline inputbar

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Jun 6 12:27:44 PDT 2011

Hi Anurag,

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 00:15 +0530, Anurag Jain wrote:
> Hello Kohei,
>
> I was able to figure out how to make the text appear properly in the
> inputbar when in single line mode. I'm sending my patch over here.
> Please have a look into it and let me know about further improvements
> that can be done.

We talked a bit in IRC but just to let the list know...

This change looks great!  The text gets wrapped and the cursor moves to
the next line as the line reaches the full width of the input bar.  And
the up/down arrow keys shifts the cursor to the previous/next line as
you would expect.  Good work! :-)

Now, a minor nit pick is that, the very lower portion of the text
appears to be cut off.  For instance, when you type 'j', the lower
portion of the letter is not displayed and it looks like 'i'.  Have you
tried EditEngine::GetTextHeight() ?  That may give you a more
appropriate height to use rather than hard-coding it to the 1/4 of the
height of the input box.

I've checked in this change to your feature branch, though I didn't
check in those extra blank lines.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc