[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] delete obsoleted help pages fdo#37543

John LeMoyne Castle lemoyne.castle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:15:25 PDT 2011

Andras,
I have seen what Korrawit reports in the WikiHelp: one can search for
"Automatic Update" or "Improvement Program" and one finds the obsolete help
pages describing functionality that doesn't exist.  These pages link back to
OO.org site where the user *may* get frustrated by failure to find these
functions in LibO.  Admittedly fairly minor problem, but compounded with
broken redirects and internationalization in the WikiHelp.

There is a similar but more complex issue around extensions and extension
update.  From reading in various threads here and there I do not see any
clear plan for maintaining the OO.org site going forward.  It is unsettling
that maintenance of OO.org site is not being addressed at ASF except by
assumption considering that site (&related) contains very much community
(user and developer )resources like user documentation, dev doc, bug
reports, extensions, and more.  Not really a topic for this thread per se
but, as a dev it would be very nice to maintain some form of online access
to the OOo bug dB and developer documentation.  Elsewhere it is reported
(and I have seen) that the extensions area at OOo is unstable - this may be
an old bug and not a regression - I don't know.

Thanks for pushing my patch labeled fdo33150 as well.

jlc