[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] I need some help on exporting "all selected slides" task

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 04:18:27 PDT 2011

Hello Thorsten,

On Wednesday 08 June 2011, 05:29, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Marco wrote:
> > I hoped to get some type of object or container that let me to find
> > the selected thumbnail slides out.
> > On the contrary the result is that the selection type is "void",
> > that means "no selection" IMO.
> >
> > So I don't know how to carry on this task.
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> Cc-ing the list, this may be of public interest - for the moment, I
> suggest you simply export *all* slides. Christian, off the top of
> your head, is there a way to retrieve the current selection from the
> Slidesorter via UNO?

I guess the export filter will get a reference to the document model, so he
will need to get the "SubController" [1]
Model -> Controller -> SubController

Some dummy OOo Basic code:

Sub Test_SubController
	Dim oDoc
	oDoc = ThisComponent

	Dim oController, oSubController
	oController = oDoc.getCurrentController()

	Dim aSelection, aPage
	oSubController = oController.getPropertyValue("SubController")
	If
oSubController.supportsService("com.sun.star.drawing.DrawingDocumentDrawView")
Then
		REM It can be the Normal/Notes/Handout view
		Select Case oController.DrawViewMode
			Case com.sun.star.drawing.DrawViewMode.DRAW:
				MsgBox "Normal"
			Case com.sun.star.drawing.DrawViewMode.NOTES:
				MsgBox "Notes"
			Case com.sun.star.drawing.DrawViewMode.HANDOUT:
				MsgBox "Handout"
		End Select
	ElseIf
oSubController.supportsService("com.sun.star.presentation.SlidesView") Then
		MsgBox "Slide Sorter"
	ElseIf
oSubController.supportsService("com.sun.star.presentation.OutlineView") Then
		MsgBox "Outline"
	End If

	aSelection = oSubController.getSelection()
	'should be a "com.sun.star.drawing.ShapeCollection"

	aPage = oSubController.getCurrentPage()
End Sub

[1] mmm documented but commented
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m106/offapi/com/sun/star/drawing/DrawingDocumentDrawView.idl#194