[Libreoffice] [Patch] it needs to be check by libreoffice guru

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:25:59 PDT 2011

Hi Dimitri, *,

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Dimitri Duc <dimitri.duc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here the log files.

Thanks for that, difference I spot straight in the MacOS*Env.Set.sh is
that you have ENABLE_QUICKSTART_LIBPNG="TRUE" - but there is no
quickstart component for Mac OSX, and IIRC that one requires gtk,
which is not available on the Mac either (well, not unless you install
lots of thirdparty stuff using fink/macports/...)

That is because for you pkg-config is installed and in the path and
finds the corresponding stuff.

That in turn adds LIBPNG_CFLAGS to the compiler flags when compilng
desktop module, and it points for you to -I/usr/local/include/libpng14

(and the corresponding libs LIBPNG_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lpng14)

the corresponding code in question that breaks for you is ifdefed to
the quickstarter+libpng case:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/desktop/unx/source/splashx.c#29

So that's the real problem: The configure script is too lax, and it
can enable unsupported stuff.
As a solution/workaround for you: remove pkg-config from your path
when running configure, that way the check for png will fail and the
png option will not be turned on.

As a hack while building/to confirm the build succeeds you can
unset ENABLE_QUICKSTART_LIBPNG
and run build in desktop again.

(you also disable epm, which won't give you a dmg in the end)

> To compile libreOffice, Macport is disable.

Well, you did not disable macports, as the stuff did still end up in
your environment.
/usr/local/bin is in your path, there you got pkg-config, and from
there it pulls libpng from /usr/local

> MacBook-Pro-de-Dimitri-Duc:~ dimitri$cat .profile
> # MacPorts Installer addition on 2010-08-04_at_09:03:14: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
> #export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
> # Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.

So if macports uses /opt/local, then you got libpng and pkg-config
from yet another additional source, and that then in turn really is
asking for incompatibilities.

> Is it normal Libreoffice compile oosplash from ./desktop/unx/source in a Mac environment ?

See above, it is not normal, as LO doesn't need anything that is not
provided by LO itself or Mac OS X/XCode (with the exception of
compiling mozilla/seamonkey what would require libIDL and its
dependencies (glib & gettext, and pkg-config for not having to specify
CFLAGS all the time)

> I recompiled with "-L/usr/X11/lib -lX11" in osplash.oosplash_1.cmd. it worked on my mac (ver 10.6.7). Then I copied LibreOffice.app into another Mac (ver 10.5.8) without Macport and any extra lib file installed. It worked fine.

Yes, it might work, but as written it is the wrong solution, as it
would then need X11 also when running, and that is nothing we want.

We don't want it to use any 10.5 or 10.6 specific stuff either, so
macports/fink/... is out of the question :-)

ciao
Christian