[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] fix for default windows Traditional Chinese font

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 02:40:55 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 17:26 +0800, Tseng, Cheng-Chia wrote:
> I have checked the commit. There are some comments below:
>
> "方正明體" do not used commonly on Windows, only Sun StarSuite provides this font.
>
> "AR PL Mingti2L Big5", "文鼎PL細上海宋Uni; AR PL ShanHeiSun Uni" has been
> abandoned. Now they have been integrated into "AR PL UMing TW". AR PL
> UMIng series has three gylph viriants, TW, HK and CN.
>
> "AR PL ZenKai Uni" has been abandoned too. Now it is called "AR PL
> UKai TW", AR PL UKai series has three gylph viriants, TW, HK and CN.

These were there already before my modification to swap 微软雅黑 with 微
軟正黑體 for the traditional locales so there's no change in relation to
the other entries in there.

For the above desired changes, and the other potential changes, it would
be ideal if a native speaker like you that is familiar with the fonts in
question could create a patch for that above VCL.xcu with all the
changes you want. Just list the fonts in order of preference for each
category. You could either place the slightly out-of-date fonts to the
end of the list if they are still commonly installed, or remove them
entirely if they are very out-of-date.

As an aside, there is no harm in having a font that doesn't exist in the
list, under windows LibreOffice will just look for the next one in the
list. And under Linux fontconfig will suggest something based off the
first entry and the rest of the contents don't get looked at anyway.

C.