[Libreoffice] How to add new commands for Math

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Jun 13 05:02:38 PDT 2011

Hi Rodolf, hi all,

Rodolfo schrieb:
> Michael,
>
> Thank you. I almost could do what I'm supposed to (thanks tml and moggi).
>
> But I now have another issue: the OpenSymbol font doesn't have all
> math operators mentioned by Unicode (like "there does not exist"
> 0x2204) and some diacritics like inverted breve(ligature) (0x0361).
>
> How can it be done?

I think, that it needs a more general discussion. I see no license
information in the opens___.ttf file. But I guess, that SUN/Oracle holds
the copyright on that font. So it might be, that it is not possible to
add new symbols.

My suggestion -not to you personally but in general- is to deliver the
STIX fonts and change totally from OpenSymbol to STIX. The STIX fonts
have all the math symbols someone needs.

http://www.stixfonts.org/

Kind regards
Regina