[Libreoffice] style selector / abandonware ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jun 14 03:04:14 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

	I have to task switch for a week or so now, so I just dumped my latest
(hackish) re-hash of the style preview / selection pane I was working on
here (click the navigator paint-can):

http://people.gnome.org/~michael/data/2011-06-14-style-preview.diff

	It looks like this:

http://people.gnome.org/~michael/images/2011-06-14-style-preview.png

	I had a few questions:

	a) ux guys - would you like a side-bar a bit like this ?
	   could we make that a 'mode' of the style navigator ?
		+ what interaction modes would work well here:
		  mouse-over style preview ?
		+ context specific style/palette adaption ?

	b) any more thoughts on that ?

	c) since this is essentially a stolen (re-factored) 'preview'
	   widget from the existing 'style' dialog - I wondered ...
	   are there other easy-to-steal preview widgets that we can
	   re-use to make applying these things easier ?
	   [ perhaps border selectors ? ].

	d) Do we have an enterprising hacker wanting to play with
	   creating a more attractive navigator / style pane here?
		+ it is slightly complicated due to the shared
		  nature of sfx's style code between all components

	Thoughts ?

		Michael.