[Libreoffice] component prefix change

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jun 14 15:25:49 PDT 2011

Hi Matus,

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 22:35 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> Finally I was able to call toolkit_component_ methods.

	Whoot :-) nice work Matus ! hopefully a learning experience too: if you
can hack on LibreOffice successfully, then there is nothing too scary
out there :-)

> It's now possible to add prefix for component.

	Great.

> But writeSharedLibComponentInfo in shlib.cxx does not use new prefix
> parameter.

	Ok - I -think- that method is deprecated; we don't introspect libraries
any more, we just use the XML descriptions.

> I don't know if this function is used somewhere but if yes, probably
> will need some change also.

	Nah - we're fine there :-)

> What's next?

	So - I guess testing the toolkit components to check them, and then
updating other shlib entry points that we might want to merge together.

	We should prolly also do an analysis of which pieces of code it makes
sense to glup together: ie. what is always loaded for each component
(writer, base, calc etc.) - so we can fix them first: can you look into
that ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.