[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Multiline Inputbar

Anurag Jain anuragjainfzd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:59:50 PDT 2011

Hi Kohei,

Here I'm drafting the basic flow work for implementing my task. As of
now this mainly focus on Scrollbar but I'll be expanding on it for the
button also.

1:Creating a contain class inheriting Window class with the objects
ScinputWnd, ScrollBar and PushButton.

2: Now the ScInputWnd which used to contain the object or ScTextWnd
i.e. aTextWnd will now have the object of this new class and all the
functions of ScInputWindow which used to use aTextWnd to call the
ScTextWnd function, will now call the similar functions defined in
this new class which again will call the underlying ScTextWnd
functions.

So the hierarchy can be ScInputWindow--->NewClass--->ScTextwnd

3: Now in the constructor I'd initialize attributes of ScrollBar like
Start position, Thumb pixel size, Thumb pixel range, Thumb pixel
position, Page Size, Line Size and Visible Size (What is it actually
?).

4: Embed this object of new class into the InsertWindow() function of
ScInputWindow.

This is my outline so far as I've understood the track. Please correct
me if there is anything which I'm missing. I'm going through the
scrollbar code as of now.

@Kohei Can you point me to some code where scrollbar has got similar
implementation ?

Thanks and regards.