[Libreoffice] libreoffice/build repository status

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jun 16 02:17:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

people ask me about the libreoffice/build repository. The status is that
it is not officially supported in the libreoffice-3-4 branch and master.
We need to migrate all the common stuff into bootstrap and other
repositories. The distro-specific hacks should be moved to the local
scripts, .e.g. spec files.

The current state is that about 50 patches are applied for
--with-distro=SUSE:

     + 20 patches are for mono; I think that we could release 3.4
        without them
     + 6 patches are for PostgreSQL driver; we should integrate them
       into the extensions repository and make the build optional
     + system-python-uno-path.diff: need a clean solution before tit
       get's integrated
     + split-icons-search-usr-share.diff, sfx-check-real-help-path.diff:
       needed only when you put icons and help in /usr/share
     + the rest is a controversial stuff that is not really needed or is
       needed only for SUSE

I would like to migrate some of the helper scripts that helps with
packaging, .e.g desktop integration (wrappers, icons, man pages),
filelist filtering.

We do not plan to migrate the patches and patch-apply script. It is easy
to commit changes into the official sources, so we do not need any
complex framework for applying extra patches.

Any help with the migration is welcome.

Best Regards,
Petr