[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Enable online update service

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jun 16 10:44:34 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I would love to get these 2 patches to 3.4.1 if possible :-)  They are
needed to enable the online update service by default.  The service is
configurable, and can be disabled by the user.  Can you please review?

It introduces a new switch, --enable-online-update, that is on by
default on Windows and on Mac, and off by default on other platforms.
That is because I don't expect eg. the Linux distros to be interested in
this; but of course for the universal builds, this still might have its
value - but there it should be explicitly turned on.

When the option is enable, the build contains a Tools -> Options...
entry for that, where one can tweak the settings.

So far we do not have the server part of this, but it seems that it
survives its absence just fine.  Nevertheless, I want to get it running
as soon as possible, so that we can see it live before the 3.4.1 is
actually released.

I need 3 reviews to get it to libreoffice-3-4-1.

Thank you a lot,
Kendy