[Libreoffice] What does --disable-vba disable?

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Tue Jun 21 09:30:52 PDT 2011

Hi
On 21/06/11 14:34, Andor E wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm building my own version of OOo 3.2.1 and I'm wondering what the
> --disable-vba switch is disabling in detail.
disables build of the vba compatibility api shared library ( but not
iirc the idl & type libraries )
>   The Basic function
> CreateObject no longer works. Is CreateObject part of the
> VBA-compatibility package?
no iirc it should be separate. I am surprised though that a build with
--disable-vba even works, there were problems in the past maintaining
this ( since practically nobody builds without it ) If you wish to open
a bug please do although I fear if it really is to do with the configure
switch it would be very low priority to fix that ( but of course a patch
would be welcome if indeed this is at fault ) But are you really sure
that the CreateObject broken-ness is due to the flag ?

Noel