[Libreoffice] G5, can not save files

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jun 22 06:53:14 PDT 2011

Hi Ray,

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 09:37 -0400, ray brunkow wrote:
> I still have an older iMAC G5 and have been using NeoOffice for years.
> When I made the move to LibreOffice on that computer it now crashes
> anytime you try to save a document to any location but the default

	Sounds terrible, I guess that is the PowerPC version then - which is
admittedly less tested than it's Intel rival.

> causing mass loss of data.

	Yep - nightmare; best to file a bug - Fridrich can perhaps help you
debug it, presumably running under gdb would get us at least some sort
of stack trace that might help.

	If you just save a blank document does that cause it, and/or can you
subset the document to just a certain piece that crashes during save -
quite possibly it is document-feature specific.

	Anyhow - sorry for the pain, and please continue the discussion in
bugzilla.

	ATB,

		Michael.