[Libreoffice] crash in escherex.cxx in master

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jun 22 03:44:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:03 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> When you valgrind manually you definitely do
> export G_SLICE=always-malloc to disable the internal allocator ?

	Which makes me wonder ... should we not include the BSD licensed,
valgrind remote header into our build, and use the magic traps to detect
it ? I attach the header.

	Of course - what we really want is, not all of this complex goodness
like:

/* Change the start and end address of the stack id. */
#define VALGRIND_STACK_CHANGE(id, start, end)                     \

	But a single method:

	bool running_under_valgrind (void);
or
	bool running_under_memcheck (void);

	so we can switch our allocation semantics auto-magically.

	Julian - we have lots of complex stuff; how do we get the simple
boolean we want out :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.