[Libreoffice] patch for make to help in gbuild debugging

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Jun 23 08:20:52 PDT 2011

At 9:06am -0400 Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:23:46 -0500 Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> So I created a patch for make-3.82 that allow the use of
>> --debug=e,c That add trace about, respectively, $(eval and $(scall
>> see:
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/commit/?id=a4f03f17f42ded70e6a3c49cf4e9a90eaf3c12ca
>
> looks good to me -- upstreaming it to the gnu project would be
> great.

Oh fantastic!  Until I looked more closely, I didn't realize this was a
modification to Make itself.  Brilliant.  Seconded, thirded, etc.:
*please* send this patch upstream, as I've a few projects with which I
would appreciate having this functionality.  Clearly, you're not the
only one for whom this will solve a problem.

Thank you!

Kevin