[Libreoffice] patch for make to help in gbuild debugging

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:46:40 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 02:23 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> What I found was that the most confusing things to follow were $(eval
>> and $(call, especially when they cascade 4, 5, 6 level deep.
>
>        Nice :-)
>
>> So I created a patch for make-3.82 that allow the use of --debug=e,c
>> That add trace about, respectively, $(eval and $(scall
>> see: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/commit/?id=a4f03f17f42ded70e6a3c49cf4e9a90eaf3c12ca
>
>        Can we get that up-stream into make, like my glob speedup ? do you want
> me to fwd your patch to the list [ which is hard to interact with sadly

Doesn't FSF require paperwork ? I looked at the make project page on
savanah, but that was less than helpful. on that topic. the web-base
thing to submit patch seems to be a patch graveyard more than anything
else...
But sure, I don't mind having it upstream at all... I did not
mentioned it in the patch itself... but GPLv3+

Norbert