[Libreoffice] [PUSHED]PATCH] Update help fdo#31652

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:01:05 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011.06.23. 18:00 keltezéssel, Christian Lohmaier írta:
> Hi *,
>
> As this affects translators, forward this to l10n list.
>
> @Andras: Do you automatically "catch" those changes and add them to
> pootle, or is this all done manually? Esp. when it comes to 3.3/older
> codelines in general..

There is no automatic process for git -> Pootle and there is no need for
one, because stable branches are in string freeze and we managed to keep
that until now. (Well, in fact there was a deletion just before 3.4.0
release but that was OK.)

3.3 codeline uses SDF files. When an en-US string changes, nothing
happens. The old (wrong) translation will be used.

3.4 codeline uses PO files. When an en-US string changes, po2oo script
does not find the translation and that string will be changed back to
English in translated resource/help.

I think we should maintain the string freeze. Help contains many bugs /
inaccurate information anyway. Let's fix them on master but leave alone
stable branches.

Best regards,
Andras