[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] add --backtrace, --strace, and --valgring option to soffice wrapper

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Jun 24 07:27:09 PDT 2011

Caolán McNamara píše v Pá 24. 06. 2011 v 14:00 +0100:
> On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 15:27 +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> >     + writing output into valgrind.log instead of stdout; it should be
> >       easier for users
>
> Hmm, checking this here it appears that each subprocess spawned off
> overwrites/mangles the valgrind.log, see man valgrind. So --log-file as
> it stands doesn't work with the --trace-children-yes

I tried to solve it by redirecting the standard and the error output,
see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=20726f2d95777784d8c969d5d762ad8238803f6d

Another solution would be let all tools to write on standard and error
outputs but we would loss the simplicity for normal users.

Finally, thanks for fixing the typo. I actually did not test running the
tool via the VALGRIND variable :-(

Best Regards,
Petr