[Libreoffice] Potential Problems for LibreOffice on Mac with impending release of Lion OSX

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:36:51 PDT 2011

Hi Alexander, *,

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 24/06/11 06:59, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :
>
> I've managed to find this, an indication of things that will be
> different with Lion OSX :
> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/24/sources_detail_new_features_in_apples_first_beta_of_mac_os_x_10_7_lion.html
>
> Interesting bit about changes to NSApplication and NSWindow classes (not
> much detail unfortunately), possibly might have an effect on Impress and
> full screen display of presentations ?

Don't think so, those are new (and as I understand) optional features,
no need to worry about that.

The interesting part (to me) is this:

"Mac OS X File Coordination

File coordination allows an application to access files and
directories in a way that is serialized with other processes' accesses
of the same files and directories. This prevents inconsistencies due
to overlapping reads and writes."

This might be the reason why users cannot save documents in Lion.

ciao
Christian