[Libreoffice] What is "important bug fixes" for bugfix release?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jun 27 02:42:36 PDT 2011

Hi there,

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 21:27 +0700, Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote:
> I wonder what are the criteria specifying whether a bug should be
> fixed in which stable branch, if it affects all ?

	:-) it is basically down to needing a developer to care about the issue
enough to propose the patch, and get the double review needed to have it
arrive on the branch,

> Such as, in my understanding, fdo#33149 is fixed in master after
> branching -3-3 but before -3-4, so -3-4 has it but -3-3 not.

	Sounds likely.

> I've found in wiki [1] that 3.x.y has "only important bug fixes ...",
> but the point is: what is "important"?

	At this stage of the game that is mostly security bugs I think - unless
you can motivate someone to back-port and test your fix.

	HTH,

		Michael.