[Libreoffice] Summary of the discussion on the Alfresco / CMIS connector
cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Tue Jun 28 01:37:47 PDT 2011
After some mails exchanges here is a summary of what options we have for
a connector with Alfresco.
* Status of the OOo plugin from Westernacher
* Using JDIC to launch web-browser, but that project hasn't moved in
the past 2 years. Using SWT org.eclipse.swt.browser package could be an
option, but SWT is known to have some threading issues with
LibreOffice / OOo.
* The hackers who wrote that plugin aren't interested in working on
* Would need some work on the Alfresco side to get some nice
webscripts working for IE and other browsers.
* Status of the CMIS plugin from Dan Corneanu
* Browse/open/save/create UCB commands are handled
* Pretty annoying to debug with the mix of C++ and Java
* No *ucbhelper* port in the Java Uno binding
* Developing Java extensions with OOo / LO is still a challenge
(mostly my fault for not progressing recently on the OOEclipse project)
* Written in Java... not ideal when we want to reduce Java deps.
We think that working on a CMIS content provider is the best thing to do
as it would provide access to Alfresco, but also to any other
We have several options here to start a project like this one:
* Start writing a new C++ CMIS client library and use it in LO
* Reuse the Python cmislib from Apache Chemistry project.
For the persons interested in the
* Dan Corneanu and David Nelson are willing to help hacking on the
* I'ld like to help, but I'll need to find some time to work on it
among all the sw bug fixes and features.
* Florian Müller (Alfresco and Apache Chemistry chair) is interested
in seeing a CMIS connector for LibreOffice.
I hope to have properly summarized the talks there. Don't hesitate to
complete them if you see something missing.
OOo Eclipse Integration developer
More information about the LibreOffice