[Libreoffice] useful build-ids in about dialog

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 05:31:26 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 12:47 +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so we will need a unique build identifier that can be accessed when LibO
> is running and can be copied to clipboard.

So, I've tweaked our build-id generation to be what I consider useful.
They are now the head git commit ids at the time of installset
generation. So after these build-ids hit the dailies it should be
possible to cut and paste in the old id of a daily that works, and the
new id of a daily that doesn't, and a developer, or anyone with a copy
of the git repos, should be able to use that info to bisect what commit
introduced the problem.

Because we're currently split over 20 repos that makes for a fairly long
string, even in abbreviated git commit mode, that will likely go away if
Norbert does a mutli-repo to single-repo, in which case the "/path/to/g"
tweak in solenv needs to be replaced with a basic "git" one, and the
'-'stuff in cui/source/dialogs/about.cxx can be removed.

While I was at it I removed a pile of unused stuff from the about
dialog, and shrunk it down dynamically to the size of its contents, so,
putting the big-long-build-id-string to one side, it should look much
better.

C.