[Libreoffice] development summary: year 2011, week 24

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Jun 28 06:06:42 PDT 2011

Petr Mladek píše v Po 27. 06. 2011 v 20:06 +0200:
> John LeMoyne Castle píše v Pá 24. 06. 2011 v 02:38 -0700:
> > ** Please Note: Many of the commits listed for this week were actually
> > merged into master as late as Spring 2011. The commits listed here have a
> > patch date within week 39 of 2010. **
>
> Great catch!
>
> > In light of this snafu created by late submit and necessarily later merge, I
> > will again approach/expose/question my confusion by attacking the utility of
> > wiki-dev-sum as I had originally intended it: I don't think the present
> > wiki-dev-sum script helps fill in the missing wiki summaries...
>
> You might try to play with "git log" options. There are various options
> about filtering the merged commits.

I have discussed it with Kendy. He suggested to try something like:

git log --after=<start_date> --before=<end_date> "origin/<branch>@{<end_date>}"

e.g.

git log --before=2010-11-10 --after=2010-11-01 "origin/master@{2010-11-10}"

where "origin/<branch>@{<end_date>}" selects a commit in the master
branch around the given date. You could even use time, e.g.
"origin/master@{2010-11-10 00:00:00}". See "man gitrevisions".

Then the after/before options should select only commits around the
defined one. The defined one should be from the original branch. It
should not count commits that were later merged from other branches.

I havn't tested it, though.

Best Regards,
Petr