[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] fix for screen resizing problems

Radek Doulík rodo at novell.com
Tue Jun 28 09:18:45 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 17:03 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 15:40 +0200, Radek Doulík wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have prepared a fix for impress slideshow problem when screen is
> > resized (for example by xrandr). The slideshow wasn't resizing
> > correctly. I am looking for 2 reviews (I already have one from Lubos) to
> > include it in 3-4-1 branch.
> >
> > It involves these 3 commits:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-gui/commit/?id=865e186b92605ad02981fb605aa4e7f27489d4cd
>
> These are always nightmarish and some window manager or other does
> something odd. Do compiz, metacity and kwin all continue to work
> correctly with and without multihead ?

Don't have the environment here to test all the cases. Tested it with
single head and metacity. Lubos tested it with KDE, so I guess kwin.
Please test it in your environment if it is different.

The logic of the change seems right to me - why to set the minimal size
of fullscreen window to size of screen, when we know that the screen
size is variable and can be changed.

The other, not so nice, option would be to reset minimal sizes to all
fullscreen windows on screen size change.

Cheers
Radek