[Libreoffice] Stix fonts / OpenSymbol replacements (was: Re: How to add new commands for Math)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jun 29 02:20:01 PDT 2011

Rodolfo wrote:
> Indeed, the Stix fonts (STIXGeneral) work perfectly.
>
> I don't know about the metrics issues mentioned by Michael Meeks, though.

Hi,

so to make progress here, someone would need to research whether
Stix is metric-compatible to OpenSymbol, and if not, fallback to
OpenSymbol for those glyphs that are there. Breaking layout for MS
docs / older documents is not an option, I'm afraid.

Herbert, do you happen to have insight into this?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten