[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] fix for screen resizing problems

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jun 29 03:36:22 PDT 2011

On Tuesday 28 of June 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 15:40 +0200, Radek Doulík wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have prepared a fix for impress slideshow problem when screen is
> > resized (for example by xrandr). The slideshow wasn't resizing
> > correctly. I am looking for 2 reviews (I already have one from Lubos) to
> > include it in 3-4-1 branch.
> >
> > It involves these 3 commits:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-gui/commit/?id=865e186b92605
> >ad02981fb605aa4e7f27489d4cd
>
> These are always nightmarish and some window manager or other does
> something odd. Do compiz, metacity and kwin all continue to work
> correctly with and without multihead ?

 It is a very reasonable change for any decent window manager (which here
means one that reasonably supports the EWMH fullscreen state), as they'll
take care to do everything needed to make a window really fullscreen, even in
cases like screen size changes. Setting a minimal size there is pointless at
best. What may possibly break after this change are the likes of TWM that
still live in the stone age of window management handling, but there I'd
simply wait for somebody to complain first if that's the case.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz