[Libreoffice] Tasks for the summer

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Wed Jun 29 04:26:05 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 17:00 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung (KiEi) wrote:
> Regarding the "MHST" that we have proposed 2 months ago[1],
> the good news is that our idea has been accepted and three students
> will join the fun!

Great news!

> Well, now I want you ask/confirm some points.
>
> 1. The students want to work with some standalone app
>     However, IMO, working on adding a new feature to the LibO will be
> more fun.
>     Please let me know how do you think.

A standalone app? what do you / they have in mind? I think there is
enough features requested on LO to be worked on ;)

> 2.  We need a list of the ideas registered to GSoC[2]
>     so that we can pick an idea (a task for this summer)

In the page you refer to, the assigned students are mentioned: you
simply need to avoid picking those tasks.

> 3. New ideas that are not in the list [2] are OK, too :)

Of course ;) As mentioned in my previous email, there is a brand new
idea that popped out recently: CMIS connector (would help users to
connect to ECM supporting that standard like Alfresco, Nuxeo, SharePoint
and so on).

see the apache chemistry project for a client lib and links to the
standard: http://chemistry.apache.org/

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker