[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] [PUSHED] fdo#38457: Crash in DataPilot on moving the fields

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:19:15 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Markus Mohrhard
<markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Katarina,
>
> pushed your patch to 3-4 with my sign-off. I think you're right and this
> needs some clean-up.

I don't have an environment here where I can verify this, but somehow
this fix makes me a bit nervous.

The last time I checked, in the old code bForFile could still be true.
 I also assumed that it was always false and removed the if statement,
but that caused a crasher bug (because it could be true sometimes).
Since then I've refactored that code but the new code still contained
the if block to reflect the old behavior.

Have you guys checked a scenario where the source data range begins
with a column other than Column A?  That's when the nSrcColOffset can
become non-zero, and setting it to always zero *might* break it
especially for that scenario.  So, before committing that fix, I'd
like that scanrio to be tested just to feel safe and secure.

Kohei