[Libreoffice] patch for make to help in gbuild debugging

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jun 29 22:20:26 PDT 2011

On Wednesday 29 of June 2011, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:56:42 +0200
>
> Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen proposals for any other
> > kinds of extensions to the gmake copy.
>
> yet.

 So what? Are we in a kindergarten? If we say that no such extensions will be
added to the copy, they won't be added. And even if, if there would be an
extension that we'd decide would be worth the incompatibility, then it would
be worth it. I still fail to see any realistic catastrophic scenario, even
that would be nowhere near the dmake case. If our copy of GNU Make ends up
being the only maintained copy, the FOSS world has a much bigger problem than
LO requiring its own build tool again.

> Also: This does not even have to be done intentionally -- some
> performance hack might very well also accidentally fix an build
> breaker.

 The world is not perfect. I think we all know. What is your point?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz