[Libreoffice] extra testing needed for 3.4.2 Linux fullscreen slideshow

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Jun 30 00:47:46 PDT 2011

Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Thanks! just write it on this thread, I'll upload and format it on Litmus.

Ok -

this affects Linux only. What we'd need is people testing 3.4.2 on
multi-monitor setups, on as many window managers / desktop
environments flavours and versions as possible (the former - compiz,
metacity and kwin at least - the latter: gnome, kde, xfce, lxde,
preferrably)

Steps to perform:
 * install 3.4.2 and 3.4.1, perform the steps below with both
   version - we're only interested in differences
 * make sure Presenter Screen extension is installed
 * start with a single monitor
   * start slideshow - does the fullscreen window cover the whole
     screen, is it in front of all panels, task bars etc?
   * exit slideshow, change screen resolution
   * repeat step 1
 * keep Impress running, enable 2nd screen
   * perform same steps as the subitems above - this time, the
     presenter screen has to be on one monitor, the actual slideshow
     on the other
   * go to Slideshow->Slideshow Settings. Play with the multiple
     display settings there. Specifically, does the "show on both"
     option work?

Many thanks,

-- Thorsten