[Libreoffice] rtl::O[U]StringBuffer now has a "remove" method

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 05:10:55 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 13:46 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > It takes start position and end position in usual half-open [x,y) style,
> > not start position and length though this is clearly the same for an x
> > of 0
>
>  Usual style in what way?

Well, usual in the "if you're going to use start and end position in the
first place" way, i.e. not [x,y].

> O[U]StringBuffer don't have any other range
> function, but O[U]String uses start+len for such cases (copy, replaceAt), so
> this seems inconsistent.

hmm, yeah, that's true. java doesn't have a replaceAt sort of thing, nor
a "copy" method, though its ctors have a startindex +  length option
while it has a "substring" which does take [startindex, endindex)

Do we have a preference ?, I'm easy either way.

C.