[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] fdo#31251 - Improve default page layout

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien at orniz.org
Thu Mar 3 23:42:02 PST 2011

Le Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:35:11 +0100,
Christoph Noack <christoph at dogmatux.com> a écrit :

> Hi Sébastien, hi all!

Hi

> Am Donnerstag, den 03.03.2011, 14:16 +0100 schrieb Sébastien Le Ray:
> > Le Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:59:19 +0000,
> > Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> a écrit :

[...]
> Although I didn't see it yet, thanks for your work - I'm really
> looking forward.

You can find a screenshot on
http://misc.orniz.org/libreoffice/lo-shadow.png book mode is also
handled nicely...

[...]

> However, I'd like to provide some pointers to the Notes stuff - it's
> really worth spending some time digging through some of the
> descriptions (in my point-of-view). I think this is better than
> pre-process most of the stuff, since I'm unaware of your likings :-)
>
> The notes main wiki page (Notes2 because of the CWS that time):
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Notes2
>
> Here are the links to the detailed designs that had (sometimes) to be
> adapted due to technical constraints nobody spent the time for:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Notes2#Status_and_Proposals
>
> And once finished with the default stuff, we have lots of further
> ideas: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Notes2_OtherIdeas
>

> Personally, I've already spend over one year with the Notes project
> being the UX representative, so I'd like to work with you on that - if
> you like :-)

I'll be pleased to :) It'd be nice to have a "UI tasks" on libreoffice
wiki presenting all tasks that are ready on a Design point of view but
that have not yet been implemented.
There is a lot of stuff on the Note2 wiki page, could you give
priorities on various items?

[...]

> If you are generally interested in working on Usability / Visual
> Design topics (of course, from the developer's point-of-view - and we
> really need some understanding and support here), feel invited to
> subscribe to the Design Team mailing list - some more information can
> be found here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design

Subscribed yesterday :-)
It seems that you've been busy with more "marketting" stuff that UI
design lately to cover the launch of LO, FOSDEM and funraising

Waiting for you priorities & mockups on notes work :-)

Sébastien