[Libreoffice] Cannot save .ods and .odt files

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Mar 7 04:38:28 PST 2011

Hi there,

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 09:11 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> Something has been bothering me for a while: ever since I succeeded in
> building a LibreOffice binary for DragonFly BSD, I haven't been able to
> save OpenDocument format files.

	It sounds bothersome indeed.

> The dialog box just closes itself and reopens half a second later. No file is
> written to disk.

	What fun :-) you mentioned that your libc is missing a load of methods,
I would suspect something like file-locking to be a problem here. Do you
have an 'strace' equivalent you can use to see what syscalls fail ? you
could try unsetting SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING in the soffice wrapper to
see if that helps.

> Saving .fods and .fodt files works fine.

	Comic :-)

> How can I know what exactly is going wrong ?

	Good question; I would get a Linux and BSD system side by side, and put
some break-points in ucb/source/ucp/file/filstr.cxx - or somewhere
around there, and see how they behave on both sides of the equation.

	HTH,

		Michael.