[Libreoffice] flat directory structure in master is bad for l10n

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:56:47 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm working on the PO based localization. There is a step where I need
to extract a fresh en-US.sdf from the source. However, if the directory
structure is completely flat - as it is in master - the localize tool
goes into all subdirectories in SOURCE_ROOT_DIR including clone and
install. Therefore it extracts every string at least twice. If we had a
build directory and we linked the modules there, this problem would not
be present.

Alternatively it should be fixed in
libs-gui/l10ntools/source/localize.cxx. The current approach is
sub-optimal anyway, because localize searches all directories for
localizable content. Obviously many modules don't contain localizable
content so we can save a lot of I/O operations, if we tell the tool
explicitly where to search.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Andras