[Libreoffice] Problem in module bean

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Mar 9 03:30:54 PST 2011

On 09/03/11 10:13, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 10:05 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>> OMG - this is a long time ago !!!
>> But I've just managed to get back to it and run this.
>> The diagnosis is spot on - "cannot find -ljawt".
>> Digging further, it looks like it's looking for it in solenv/unxlngx6 or
>> solver/330 or /opt/icedtea6-bin-1.9.1.
> It probably should be looking in something like...
> /opt/icedtea6-bin-1.9.1/jre/lib/i386
> i.e. see JRELIBDIR in set_soenv.in which gets expanded into set_soenv
> which exports it as part of SOLARLIB in your toplevel *Set.sh
There's two things here ...

I remember some trouble I had ages ago getting it to find my Java
installation. Can't remember what why and how.

And then, clearly, Java has been upgraded. Seeing as the version number
is embedded in the path in Linux...sh, obviously that didn't get

Now why am I trying to get rid of the Java dependencies, then :-)

I'm guessing that the work-around I used to fix "can't find Java", then
broke when Java was upgraded. Hopefully that's all been fixed, and my
"build again from new" will work fine. Otherwise we've got a build bug
in Java detection on gentoo :-(


More information about the LibreOffice mailing list