[Libreoffice] Using LibreOffice Editor as a widget in a third-party application

Sankar P sankar.curiosity at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:38:19 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 18:29 +0530, Sankar P wrote:
>> I was actually trying to implement a basic offline blog editor, such
>> that we can use LibreOffice (editor) to compose blogs and then publish
>> them to blogger/wordpress etc.
>
> If you want to hack LibreOffice to be a useful blogging tool, then
> perhaps http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/oooblogger/ might be a useful
> basis for hacking it. I only ever partially implemented it, but you
> might find sufficient goodies in there to finish it up, or base
> something on it to just add support to LibreOffice to be a blogging
> editor.
>
> I had some support in there IIRC to attempt to auto-upload images inside
> a document to your blog if the blog server supporting the appropiate
> apis, which I thought was rather nifty.

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can do something over the weekend.

The main stopping point for me to give any patch to LO is its sheer
build-size. I simply don't have enough patience to wait for hours to
build LO. May be if there is a KVM image with built sources (via
studio) or so, I believe it may help get a few contributors easily.

Thanks again.

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com