[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-design] Re: [PUSHED] fdo#31251 - Improve default page layout

Bernhard Dippold bernhard at familie-dippold.at
Wed Mar 9 13:16:48 PST 2011

Hi Björn, all,

Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:
> Hi Michael, Christoph, designers and developers
>
> [...]
>
> However, it is a such a common issue, that it even has a name
> "Parkinson's Law of Triviality" or "colour of the bikeshed":
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_Law_of_Triviality
>
> So we should not be ashamed that it happens, only be prepared to handle
> it well. For developers this means that you cant make everybody happy
> and you should not dispair if not everybody loves your implementation
> on first sight.

I agree with you that the design modification here is an example of
lower priority.

But the way one of the main developer seems to disregard non-coding
community members is independent from this question.

This is nearly the same position Oracle developers showed when handling
proposals and requests by the rest of the community.

I can't stand this attitude any longer - sorry.

Best regards

Bernhard