[Libreoffice] Free JRE for Windows?

Luuk luuk34 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:53:07 PST 2011

On 11-03-2011 18:37, Osama Khalid wrote:
> I tried to find a binary build for the Java Runtime Environment for
> Windows so I can distribute and install it freely but I couldn't.
>
> Several components of LibreOffice depend on JRE and I encounter many
> warning message boxes on start up without it, so I it's important to
> make sure that a free version exists.
>
> So:
> * Is there a free binary build of JRE for Windows?
> * Is there any plans to release a LibreOffice+JRE version, the way
>   OpenOffice.org does it?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --Osama Khalid

"Can I distribute the Java Runtime Environment with my software on a CD?"
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000055800.xml

The included JRE should be (according to my opinion ) be the latest
version from:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

But maybe its a better idea to give some explanation to the user about
what JAVA does, and what its needed for , and provide above link?

--
Luuk