[Libreoffice] bool vs. sal_bool

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:29:08 PST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Christina Roßmanith
<ChrRossmanith at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought, I could start replacing some BOOL by bool. But when I started to
> edit docuno.{hxx,cxx} I saw that there is not only BOOL and bool but also
> sal_Bool. When do I use which of the boolean types?

Please put that work on hold for a while.
We are merging m101 and there was a cws that did a lot of work with
regards to BOOL/USHORT and other legacy type.
If you commit change on that topic now, they will create conflict when
we merge the result of the integration of DEV300_m101 back into
master.

Now with regard to your question:
the intent is to use sal_Bool were it has uno-facing interfaces (for
binary compat)
and bool everywhere else.

sadlly the removetooltype01 cws converted every BOOL into sal_Bool. so
the one that could have been really bool will be harder to find...

Norbert